VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Program Associate (1) Position
Organization: Marginalized Communities Advocates Network – (MCAN).
Position Title: Program Associate (1 Position)
Reporting To: MCAN’s Executive Director
Program / Duty Station: Baidoa/Mogadishu
Duration: 12 Months
Starting Date: 28th October, 2021
Marginalized Communities Advocates Network – (MCAN) MCAN is a network of local NGOs based in Somalia championing for the welfare of marginalized and vulnerable groups in Somalia. MCAN works with local stakeholders and directly with target communities within its coverage areas in a participatory approach. Registered under the Ministry of Interior, Federal Affairs and Reconciliation, the organization is mandated to carryout multi-sectoral projects in the whole of Somalia.
Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. MCAN work to improve the social welfare and build the capacity of marginalized, vulnerable and minority women and children through provision of Primary Education, Health Care Services and Capacity Building Training in Environmental Management and Income Generation for the long term sustainability of Development.
For the past 10 plus years we have been in operation, MCAN have strengthened rural livelihoods through social and environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future. MCAN is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Program Associate manages the daily administrative details related to the organization’s ongoing programmatic activities, development, communication and outreach activities, and call center activities. This position is under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director. This position will ensure the Community Resource Specialists are delivering quality, professional help to target project beneficiaries and executing timely follow inquiries. The Program Associate also has the responsibility for monitoring grants and contracts to meet target deliverable timelines, compile, analyze and communicate program performance metrics, and to assist with fundraising and community engagement efforts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Assist with meeting target deliverables for grants and contracts including reporting, reimbursement requests and budget revision requests.
- Monitor allocations of expenses to appropriate grants.
- Compile, analyze and communicate program performance metrics on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Ensure federal and state compliance on all funding agreements/contracts.
- Actively participate and contribute to agency development and planning of short- and long-term strategic development.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Board to conceptualize campaign strategies and appeal materials.
- Manage implementation of strategic donor communications.
- Assist in the management of fundraising campaigns
- Manage and record all donations and process thank you letters.
- Assist with donor stewardship.
Call Center Oversight
- Supervision of the daily operations and staffing related to the MCAN.
- Recruit and train volunteers and program staff as needed and/or directed by the Executive Director to assist in database management and/or call center operations.
- Answering representative’s questions, guiding them through difficult calls or issues,
- Provide regular performance reviews and trainings
- Ensure program sustainability and actively pursue service expansion including increased hours of service availability and implementing new modes of service provision.
- Maintain accurate partner data records by collecting all demographics and accurately recording transaction information.
Communications and Outreach
- Update website with relevant information
- Create monthly newsletter that provides updates on our work, as well as highlights and publicizes the work of our community-based partners.
- Seek out and research information on community events, new agencies/programs to highlight, etc. for database inclusion.
- Attend community resource-sharing meetings as assigned.
- Work schedule may be altered due to community events, disaster response or special projects.
- Attends all scheduled staff meetings.
- Completes assigned Special Projects, which contains a specific job description and roles.
- Performs various office tasks and other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to all operational standards, policies and procedures as set for the MCAN
- Adhere to the most recent standards as set by MCAN and maintain compliance with applicable standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, human services, or a related field required, with a minimum of two years related work experience or training preferred.
- Experience with database management preferred, or willingness to learn proficiency in database management and respond to technical developments.
- Experience with call center operations preferred.
- Community Resource Specialist (CRS) certification required, or willing to obtain certification within two years of employment and to maintain such certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and experience with human service needs and resources in Wyoming. A passion for exemplary customer service with a sense of urgency towards quality service provision for all; passion and enthusiasm for improving the lives of Wyomingites and the services provided to them.
- Knowledge of information and referral practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the state/local/federal social services agencies and programs.
- Meet commitments, respond promptly to customer needs, solicit feedback to continually reinforce and strengthen the organization’s reputation with all constituents.
- Ability to communicate with clients, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Able to deal with diverse issues and populations in a nonjudgmental and strictly confidential manner. Able to empathize and understand the needs of others, to respond with sensitivity to the opinions of others, and to approach people and work in a flexible and nonjudgmental manner.
- Strong oral and written interpersonal communication skills. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Able to relate and work well with other staff and volunteers of varying skills and educational levels. Able to work independently and make independent judgments. Willingness to assist wherever needed.
- Bi-lingual preferred, but not required.
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- Above average computer skills; competent and able to use diverse technologies and software; able to adapt to technological developments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously (multi-task).
- Ability to maintain high ethical standards and confidentiality in accordance with United Way, AIRS, Federal and State standards and policies.
- Willingness to obtain training through AIRS and commit to ongoing training as assigned that pertains to information and referral.
- Must have reliable transportation, current driver’s license and liability insurance as required by the state.
- Willingness to be on stand-by in times of disasters and pull a team together when necessary
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Positive attitude essential.
How to Apply:
MCAN is inviting qualified candidates who meet the above requirements to send cover letter and CV to the following email address: email@example.com with subject line MCAN-002- Program Associate.
Submission Period: From 11Th October, 2021 to 20th October, 2021. Pease indicate the job title while applying. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
MCAN is an equal opportunity employer.