VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: COORDINATOR (1) POSITION)
Organization: Marginalized Communities Advocates Network – (MCAN).
Position Title: Coordinator (1 Position)
Reporting To: MCAN’s Executive Board of Management
Programme / Duty Station: Baidoa/Mogadishu
Duration: 12 Months
Starting Date: 26/10/2021
Marginalized Communities Advocates Network – (MCAN) MCAN is a network of local NGOs based in Somalia championing for the welfare of marginalized and vulnerable groups in Somalia.. MCAN works with local stakeholders and directly with target communities within its coverage areas in a participatory approach. Registered under the Ministry of Interior, Federal Affairs and Reconciliation, the organization is mandated to carryout multi-sectoral projects in the whole of Somalia.
Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. MCAN work to improve the social welfare and build the capacity of marginalized, vulnerable and minority women and children through provision of Primary Education, Health Care Services and Capacity Building Training in Environmental Management and Income Generation for the long term sustainability of Development.
For the past 10 plus years we have been in operation, MCAN have strengthened rural livelihoods through social and environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future. MCAN is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
The coordinator will be responsible for working closely with project team members, supervisors and leads to help deliver project goals and objectives efficiently. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for management of the administrative tasks, such as documentation and information distribution, report collation and communication support. As such, Project Coordinator job descriptions demand a candidate with excellent communication skills, the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships, and experience meeting hard deadlines.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings among others
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinating the whole programme
- Supervise, motivate and develop staff through on-job training
- Developing strategies of projects design and evaluation
- Advocacy and Lobbying
- Facilitating relevant training programmes for identified needs at individual and group level.
- Educating the community on organizational policies and projects and their participatory role
- Facilitating the implementation of Community Action Plans
- Advising the organization on the community needs and overall policy implications
- Reviewing project reports
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements / Qualifications and Skills
- Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Planner
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. Basecamp or Trello)
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Business Administration or other majors.
- 4 years of relevant experience with local or International NGO
- Exceptional use of Ms-Windows, MS-Office and web-based applications
How to Apply:
MCAN is inviting qualified candidates who meet the above requirements to send cover letter and CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line MCAN-001 Program Coordinator.
Submission Period: From 1st October, 2021 to 15th October, 2021. Pease indicate the job title while applying. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
MCAN is an equal opportunity employer.