Organization: Marginalized Communities Advocacy Network – (MCAN).
Position Title: Enumerators (30 Positions)
Reporting To: MCAN’s Executive Board of Management
Programme / Duty Station: Mogadishu
Duration: 3 Months
Starting Date: 15/09/2022
Project Name: Post-Polio /Measles Survey Evaluation
Project ID: MCAN-01437
Marginalized Communities Advocacy Network – (MCAN) MCAN is a network of local NGOs based in Somalia championing for the welfare of marginalized and vulnerable groups in Somalia. MCAN works with local stakeholders and directly with target communities within its coverage areas in a participatory approach. Registered under the Ministry of Interior, Federal Affairs and Reconciliation, the organization is mandated to carryout multi-sectoral projects in the whole of Somalia.
Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. MCAN work to improve the social welfare and build the capacity of marginalized, vulnerable and minority women and children through provision of Primary Education, Health Care Services and Capacity Building Training in Environmental Management and Income Generation for the long term sustainability of Development.
For the past 10 plus years we have been in operation, MCAN have strengthened rural livelihoods through social and environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future. MCAN is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Enumerators are key individuals that are responsible for collecting quality data for integrated projects and are responsoible for ensuring that information collected is reflected upon, use to improve ongoing programs, and is incorporated into cosistently high quality reports.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct household surveys from target beneficiaries (Volume of work is based on assessment design).
- Take part in key information interviews using Kobo and focus group discussions as assigned by the assessment leader.
- Review survey documents in order to ensure accuracy of data.
- Ensure adherence of childsafeguarding and child protection policies.
- Complete all planned tasks in required time frame evidenced by submission of completed tasks in required time frame to the supervisor/M&E Officers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum academic qualifications, university degree.
- Experience in data collection, analysis and field assessments.
- Conversant with data analysis software like SPSS.
- Good report writing skills.
- Ability to collect and gather information in designed way.
- Active listener who captures exact response from respondents.
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in both Somali and English.
- Basic understanding of applications on mobile technology and computers.
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with peers and stakeholders.
How to apply
MCAN is inviting qualified candidates who meet the above requirements to send cover letter and CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org copy at email@example.com with subject line MCAN-01437 Data collection Enumerator.
Submission Period: From 9th September, 2022 to 15th September, 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview female candidates and minority/marginalized are highly encouraged to apply.
MCAN is an equal opportunity employer.