Organization: Marginalized Communities Advocates Network – (MCAN).
Position Title: Program Manager (1 Positions)
Reporting To: programme director.
Program / Duty Station: Baidoa(Somalia)
Duration: 12 Months
Starting Date: 16th June, 2023
Marginalized Communities Advocates Network – (MCA) MCAN is a network of local NGOs based in Somalia championing for the welfare of marginalized and vulnerable groups in Somalia. MCAN works with local stakeholders and directly with target communities within its coverage areas in a participatory approach. Registered under the Ministry of Interior, Federal Affairs and Reconciliation, the organization is mandated to carryout multi-sectoral projects in the whole of Somalia.
Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. MCAN work to improve the social welfare and build the capacity of marginalized, vulnerable and minority women and children through provision of Primary Education, Health Care Services and Capacity Building Training in Environmental Management and Income Generation for the long term sustainability of Development.
For the past 10 plus years we have been in operation, MCAN have strengthened rural livelihoods through social and environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future. MCAN is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Programme manager is responsible for the successful delivery of the whole of the proposed change, co-ordination of the programmer’s projects and management of their inter-dependencies. The Program manager works with MCAN and direct services staff to identify partner -mentor matches. Once the matches are made, the Program manager commands respect and creates a conducive environment for the project team to operate effectively and efficiently. Works with the volunteer mentors as they work to build supportive relationships with MCAN Partners and beneficiaries. In collaboration with partner organizations, ACTED International, the Project manager is responsible for the successful implementation of this grant, funded by ACTED International. The Program manager facilitates planning and designing the program and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Planning and designing the programme and proactivity monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Defining the programme’s governance arrangement
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme-focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme, and outwardly on its coherence with other programmes and corporate, technical and specialist standards
- Managing the programme’s budget on behalf of the program director, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the programme progresses
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programme’s individual projects
- Managing third party contributions to the programme
- Managing risks to the programme’s successful outcome
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the programme director if this role is also defined
- Managing communications with all the stakeholders
- Maintain a positive working relationships with community partners, service providers, and collaborating agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience, Competencies and Education
- College degree preferred but a combination of work experience and education may be considered a substitute for educational preference.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in program related area, specifically experience with workings as programme manager or as a volunteer or as internship.
- Experience in leading and developing curriculum for youth educational programs
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of programme management, interviewing, and counseling techniques.
- Experience with social diversity, minorities and marginalized groups and vocational aspects of disability and other vulnerable groups as well economically disadvantaged and other factors contributing to at-risk status; of community resources and; occupational information and job readiness.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to facilitate positive actions and growth of youth participants and mentors in a flexible geographic environment where self-direction, prioritizing and organizational skills will be crucial to success.
- Ability to be flexible in hours and work location (within the service area) to accommodate the needs of the Program and Goodwill.
- Strong ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain positive working relationships with a wide variety of organizations and individuals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the member of the project teams
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiation with third parties
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Excellent speaking and writing skills
- Ability to develop positive relationships with community volunteers and with youth
- Highly organized and collaborative
- Ability to take initiative, dependability, flexibility and resourceful
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites, Google Docs/ Calendar and Internet usage.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents relating to human rights.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquires or complaints.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of practical problems.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
How to Apply:
MCAN is inviting qualified candidates who meet the above requirements to send cover letter and CV to the following email address: email@example.com with subject line MCAN-001- Program manager
Submission Period: From 27th May, 2023 to 6th june, 2023. Pease indicate the job title while applying. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
MCAN is an equal opportunity employer.